Bread with roasted potatoes and rosemary ( 1 large or 2 small loaves )
Two days before baking feed your sourdough so that is ready the next morning (I used 1 TBSP rye sourdough)
The next morning starter :2 TBSP refreshed rye sourdough180 g of ordinary flour180 g lukewarm water.
Mix all ingredients and leave to ferment in a warm place for several hours ( 8 - 12).
Ferment is ready when a small amount placed in a cup of water floats on surface. I prepared the starter early in the morning so that I could process it late afternoon and form loaves and leave them to rise in the refrigerator overnight.
Baked potatoes :1 lb potatoes1 TBSP olive oil2 TBSP chopped rosemary1/2 tsp sea salt
Wash potatoes well and cut into cubes, no peeling required. Put them into a bowl, add olive oil, salt and rosemary. Mix well. Spread potatoes on a baking tray and put in the oven preheated to 400F for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes over and bake until golden brown for another 20 minutes. Cool after baking .Late afternoonBread dough:600 g bread flour1 1/4 C waterthe leaven of the previous day (-2 tablespoons for baking next week, if you wish)1 TBSP salt baked potatoes
1. Add water to a bowl, add the yeast , mix thoroughly and add flour . Mix just until combined.
2. Cover bowl with a cloth or plastic bag and allow to sit for 20 - 40 minutes.
3. Add salt and knead the dough by hand stretching and folding them in a bowl (about 6 minutes) or in electric mixer for about 3 minutes on first speed and 3 minutes on the second speed.
4. Cover bowl with clear food wrap and let stand for 2 hours.
5. Every 45 minutes stretch and fold the dough. Put in a bowl and cover.
6. Before shaping a ball, add cooked potatoes, leaving 8-10 pieces for topping.
7. Shape a ball (if you want two smaller loaves, divide the dough into two pieces and shape them) and leave for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle with flour, turn to the other side and shape into a loaf .8. Dust a basket or bread form with flour, place 8-10 potato pieces on the bottom. Remember that after baking they will be on top of the loaf. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate at least 8 - 12 hours. I kept the loaves in the fridge for the night.9. Next mornig gently transfer bread onto parchment paper. Preheat oven with a pizza stone to 450F. Make incisions in loves and transfer on parchemnt paper onto pizza stone. Bake in preheated oven with a small ovenproof dish filled with boiling water and placed on the bottom of oven at 450F degrees for 40 minutes. After twenty minutes open the door slightly to release the steam. Bake another 20 minutes, lowering the temperature to 350F.
Remove loaves and cool on rack. Bread shhould sound hollow when knocked on bottom.